These training courses covers the skills and knowledge required to weld polyethylene (PE) plastic pipes using electrofusion &/or butt welding. This training applies to welding of pipes and pipelines undertaken in the field and in factory conditions. Pipelines may be for transmission of water, gas or other liquids.
- Will provide you with a strong understanding of polyethylene pipe products and fitting relevant to Butt and Electrofusion welding requirements
- Identifying materials being used in the installation as compatible for welding using electrofusion welding methods
- Ability to calculate appropriate welding parameters to be used
- Experience with hands-on welding
- Ability to maintain and calibrate welding equipment
- A Nationally Recognised Statement of Attainment
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for any worker who is required to use an electrofusion welder to form electrofusion welds on polyethylene pipes and fittings. The course is appropriate for people involved in the installation and maintenance of pipelines transmitting gas and liquids as well as personnel working in the mining sector
Become a Certified Poly Welder
A Certified Poly Welder – CPW is an industry professional who can weld polyethylene pipelines safely, efficiently & effectively across a range of industry applications including plumbing, civil construction, oil & gas and engineering.
After successful completion of the one or two day course and satisfy all the competency requirements, participants will become a Certified as a Poly Welder – CPW. Participants will be certified in both of the CPW streams: Certified Butt Welder – BW or Certified Electrofusion Welder – EF.
Units of Competency
- PMBWELD301E Join polyethylene plastic pipelines using butt welding
- PMBWELD302E Join polyethylene plastic pipelines using electrofusion welding
How to study
Mode of Delivery
The Course will be delivered Face-to-Face.
Students will be certified on completion of the course (no post-course assessments).
Course Program & Duration
The Course is delivered over 2 full days Face-to-Face from 8:30am - 4:30pm (Local Time).
This course must be completed within 3 months from enrolment.
28 September 2023
8:30am - 4:30pm (Local Time)
29 September 2023
8:30am - 4:30pm (Local Time)
Students will be required to successfully complete a Language, Literacy and Numeracy Assessment at Certificate III level.
Students require Basic computer knowledge and skills in order to download course materials and complete online Post-Course Assessments.
|| 2 Units over 2 Days
Cancellation Refund Policy
- Cancellations received more than ten days in advance of the commencement of the training course will be subject to a 10% administration fee of the course fee paid, unless the student is able to transfer to a future course, in which case no penalty will be applied
- Cancellations received between 5 and 10 working days before commencement of the course may forfeit 50% of the course fee
- Cancellations within 5 working days of the commencement of the course may forfeit 100% of the course fee, unless the student is able to transfer to a future course, in which case a 10% penalty may apply
- By prior arrangement substitution of a student may be acceptable without incurring additional costs and must be approved by Irrigation Australia Training before commencement of the course
- Non-attendance without notice will result in the full course fee being charged
How to Enrol
- Download and read the Irrigation Australia Student Handbook
- Click on the 'Register Now' button
- Complete the online enrolment form that you will receive after you register
- Ensure payment is made seven (7) days prior to course commencement
- Resources will be made available to download after the online enrolment form is completed
Note: If registrations have closed, please contact our office T. (07) 3517 4000 and speak to a member of our training team regarding enrolment under special consideration.