Between 50-70% of the water consumption in Australia is used in agriculture, and with the increasing scarcity of water, the industry has to find way to improve water efficiency. This course is designed to provide graduates with the knowledge to contribute to use water in an efficient manner. Introduction to Irrigation - Agriculture involves face to face education about how irrigation is the backbone of the agricultural industry and everything that it entails.
On completion of this course graduates will gain the knowledge and understanding of the following:
- Australian irrigation industry, including major irrigation commodities
- Irrigation systems used in agricultural industries
- Irrigation efficiency and standards
- Soil, plant and water relationships
- Land and water planning
- Water sources
- Water measurement and accounting
- Water management
- Research and development
Who is the Course for?
This course is designed for anyone who is interested in becoming an irrigation professional within the agriculture industry. This field of work is not only incredibly important in our industry, but incredibly important in our society and an essential industry for Australia.
How to study
Mode of Delivery
The Course will be delivered Face-to-Face
Course Program & Duration
The Course is delivered over 2 days from 8:30am - 4:30pm (Local Time).
15 - 16 May 2023
8:30am - 4:30pm (Local Time)
No entry requirement necessary.
Funding is available for eligible participants who meet the required criteria as listed below.
| Full Course
Participants must meet the following criteria to be eligible for funding:
- reside or work in South Australia
- Be aged 16 years or over, and not enrolled in school
- be an Australian or New Zealand citizen: or
- be a permanent Australian resident: or
- hold a State sponsored Visa on a pathway to permanent residency: or
- hold a humanitarian temporary Visa of a class specified by the Minister from time to time
If you meet the above criteria and apply for a funded spot you must supply appropriate evidence to support you meet the criteria.
Cancellation Refund Policy
Cancellations received more than ten days in advance of the commencement of the training course will be subject to a 10% administration fee of the course fee paid, unless the student is able to transfer to a future course, in which case no penalty will be applied
- Cancellations received between 5 and 10 working days before commencement of the course may forfeit 50% of the course fee
- Cancellations within 5 working days of the commencement of the course may forfeit 100% of the course fee, unless the student is able to transfer to a future course, in which case a 10% penalty may apply
- By prior arrangement substitution of a student may be acceptable without incurring additional costs and must be approved by Irrigation Australia Training before commencement of the course
- Non-attendance without notice will result in the full course fee being charged
How to Enrol
- Download and read the Terms and Conditions
- Click on the 'Register Now' button
- Complete the online enrolment form that you will receive via email after you register
- Ensure payment is made seven (7) days prior to course commencement
- Resources will be made available at the course
Note: If registrations have closed, please contact our office T. (07) 3517 4000 and speak to a member of our training team regarding enrolment under special consideration.
Next Steps in your Career
Wondering what course to do next to promote your Irrigation Career?
Check out our Irrigation Efficiency Course.
The course is designed to provide candidates the knowledge and ability to become an Irrigation Efficiency professional. On successfully completion you would be issued a National Recognised Statement of Attainment and hold the qualifications for the following units of Competencies.
- AHCIRG338 Troubleshoot irrigation system
- AHCIRG337 Measure irrigation delivery system performance
- AHCIRG346 Operate pressurised irrigation systems
Funding is available for eligible participants.