An entry-level domestic irrigation design program suited to participants that work in irrigation and landscape sales. Also suits installers and irrigation system operators and/or managers interested in the basics of irrigation system designs. Participants of this program will be taken through the steps required for a residential irrigation system design, including a material list costing.
- The ability to work with A3 paper based, plan creation
- Knowledge of irrigation system design principles and tips
- An understanding of water supply measurements and pipeline type, size and layouts
- The ability to select appropriate irrigation components
- The ability to measure water supply
- The knowledge to develop material lists and costing
Who is this Course for?
Suited to participants that work in irrigation and landscape sales and installation fields, and various irrigation system operators and managers interested in the basics of irrigation system designs.
- A3 paper-based working plan creation
- Irrigation system design principles and tips
- Water supply measurements
- Best practice pipeline layouts
- Valve area operational calculations
- Irrigation component selection
- Pipe type and size options
- Specialty valves overview
- Basic control wire sizing
- End-user operational information
- Material list creation and costing
How to study
Mode of Delivery
The Course will be delivered via Virtual Classroom.
Course Program & Duration
The Course is delivered over 4 half day Virtual Classroom sessions from 9:30am - 1:30pm AEST (Brisbane Time).
23 - 26 May 2023
9:30am - 1:30pm AEST (Brisbane Time)
Students require Basic computer knowledge and skills in order to download course materials and complete online Post-Course Assessments.
|| Company Member
|| Individual Member
Payment made by Individuals: In accordance with the 'Standards for Registered Training Organisations 2015', the maximum amount of fees that may be collected in advance is $1,500. This means that if you are an individual enrolling in a course and paying for it yourself you will be invoiced in instalments, $1,500 prior to commencement of the course and the balance of training fees separately after the course commences. This only applies to individuals. Companies and Businesses are required to make Full Payment of training fees prior to commencement of the course. Please contact IAL for further information on 07 3517 4000 or at [email protected].
Cancellation Refund Policy
Cancellations received more than ten days in advance of the commencement of the training course will be subject to a 10% administration fee of the course fee paid, unless the student is able to transfer to a future course, in which case no penalty will be applied
- Cancellations received between 5 and 10 working days before commencement of the course may forfeit 50% of the course fee
- Cancellations within 5 working days of the commencement of the course may forfeit 100% of the course fee, unless the student is able to transfer to a future course, in which case a 10% penalty may apply
- By prior arrangement substitution of a student may be acceptable without incurring additional costs and must be approved by Irrigation Australia Training before commencement of the course
- Non-attendance without notice will result in the full course fee being charged
How to Enrol
- Download and read the IAL Handbook Training Terms and Conditions
- Click on the 'Register Now' button
- Complete the online enrolment form that you will receive after you register
- Ensure payment is made seven (7) days prior to course commencement
- Resources will be made available to download after the online enrolment form is completed
Note: If registrations have closed, please contact our office T. (07) 3517 4000 and speak to a member of our training team regarding enrolment under special consideration.