In order to install and validate water storage meters, you must become qualified and certified as a Storage Meter Installer & Validator (CSV). The NSW Government requires that approved storage water meters be installed where a landowner holds a floodplain harvesting access license. This course covers how to select water storage meters, data loggers and telemetry systems and the installation, commissioning/maintenance and validation of water storage meters.
- Extensive knowledge of Workplace Health & Safety
- The ability to identify and apply procedures according to risks and impacts on environment
- A better understanding of site preparation, construction work and site restoration
- Experience with hands-on field assessment of storage meter installations and working near a utility service during construction
- A Nationally Recognised Statement of Attainment
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for anyone looking to become responsible for installing and validating water storage meters. This course provides candidates with an incredible opportunity to gain a nationally recognised certificate.
Become a Certified Storage Meter Installer and Validator
After successful completion of the three day storage meter installer and validator course and satisfying all the competency requirements, you will become a Certified Storage Meter Installer and Validator – CSV.
Existing Certified Meter Installer and Validators
Participants who have already completed Meter Installation & Validation training (and obtained certification as a CMI/DQP) and want to obtain CSV certification are required to attend the full Storage Meter Installer & Validator training course.
The reasons for this are:
- this course has been contexualised for storage meter installation and validation
- some of the units of competency have been updated
Please contact Irrigation Australia to discuss eligibility on 07 3517 4000
Units of Competency
- AHCWHS301 Contribute to work health and safety processes
- NWPIWS004 Install meters for rural water supplies
- NWPIWS006 Maintain meters for rural water supplies
- NWPGEN018 Follow environmental and licensing procedures
How to study
Mode of Delivery
The Course will be delivered Face-to-Face.
Students will be certified on completion of the course (no post-course assessments).
Course Program & Duration
The Course is delivered over 3 full days Face-to-Face from 8:30am - 4:30pm (Local Time).
This course must be completed within 3 months from enrolment.
25 -27 October 2022
8:30am - 4:30pm (Local Time)
Prior to enrolling and undergoing training, you are required to hold the RIIWHS204E Work safely at heights unit of competency or equivalent. A sighted* copy of the Statement of Attainment is to be emailed to [email protected] for verification.
*Sighted copies are those that are verified by a JP as an accurate copy of the original
Students will be required to successfully complete a Language, Literacy and Numeracy Assessment at Certificate III level.
Students require Basic computer knowledge and skills in order to download course materials and complete online Post-Course Assessments.
|| Company Member
|| Individual Member
Payment made by Individuals: In accordance with the 'Standards for Registered Training Organisations 2015', the maximum amount of fees that may be collected in advance is $1,500. This means that if you enrol into a full fee-for-service qualification, you will need to pay by instalments. The first payment may be no more than $1,500 in accordance with the standards. This does not apply to companies or businesses who wish to pay the course fee upfront. Please contact IAL for further information on 07 3517 4000 or at [email protected].
Cancellation Refund Policy
Cancellations received more than ten days in advance of the commencement of the training course will be subject to a 10% administration fee of the course fee paid, unless the student is able to transfer to a future course, in which case no penalty will be applied
- Cancellations received between 5 and 10 working days before commencement of the course may forfeit 50% of the course fee
- Cancellations within 5 working days of the commencement of the course may forfeit 100% of the course fee, unless the student is able to transfer to a future course, in which case a 10% penalty may apply
- By prior arrangement substitution of a student may be acceptable without incurring additional costs and must be approved by Irrigation Australia Training before commencement of the course
- Non-attendance without notice will result in the full course fee being charged
Eligible students can apply for Government funding to study the nationally accredited qualification. Please email our office on [email protected] to confirm eligibility.
How to Enrol
- Download and read the Terms and Conditions
- Click on the 'Register Now' button
- Complete the online enrolment form that you will receive after you register
- Ensure payment is made seven (7) days prior to course commencement
- Resources will be made available to download after the online enrolment form is completed
Note: If registrations have closed, please contact our office T. (07) 3517 4000 and speak to a member of our training team regarding enrolment under special consideration.