Our Certificate IV in Irrigation Management is a nationally accredited course, tailored to deliver a multi-platform learning experience, reflecting the technical, supervisory and operational skills as an Irrigation specialist.
This qualification reflects the technical and supervisory skills and knowledge required to operate as supervisors and specialists within the irrigation industry. It applies to irrigation installation site managers and managers of irrigation systems in the irrigation servicing, horticulture and agriculture industries
- Improved knowledge in all forms of irrigation systems
- A better understanding of irrigation products and the latest technology
- Extensive skills in servicing and consultation
- Skills required to provide professional insight and leadership
Who is the course for?
Certificate IV in Irrigation is designed for candidates with experience in the field of Irrigation, who are looking at progressing their career in to supervision and/or management of irrigation professionals.
Units of Competency
- AHCWHS401 Maintain work health and safety processes
- AHCIRG435 Determine hydraulic parameters for an irrigation system
- AHCIRG436 Implement and irrigation-related environmental protection program
- AHCIRG437 Schedule irrigations
- AHCIRG438 Select and manage pumping systems for irrigation
- AHCIRG439 Interpret and apply irrigation designs
- AHCIRG442 Supervise irrigation system installation
- AHCIRG443 Supervise irrigation system maintenance
- AHCIRG444 Manage irrigation systems
- AHCIRG337 Measure irrigation delivery system performance
- AHCSOL406 Sample soils and interpret results
- AHCBUS407 Cost a project
How to study
Mode of Delivery
The Course will be delivered via a blend of:
- Virtual Classroom
- Online Post-Course Assessments
- Workplace Activities
Course Program & Duration
The Course is delivered over 4 blocks within an 18 month period and must be completed within 24 months from enrolment.
- Block 1: 12 x 4 hour Virtual Sessions
- Block 2 (Part 1):Face-to-Face training
- Block 2 (Part 2): 2 x 4 hour Virtual Sessions
Virtual Classroom Sessions will be delivered in 2 or 3 consecutive sessions per week and run from 9:30am - 1:30pm AEST (Brisbane Time). The times may change depending on the location of students.
Face-to-Face Block training will run from 8:30am - 5:00pm (local time).
Block 1 - Virtual Delivery
Session 1 & 2: 27 - 28 September 2022
Session 3 & 4: 8 - 9 November 2022
Session 5, 6 & 7: 6 - 8 December 2022
Session 8: 31 January 2023
Session 9 & 10: 28 February - 1 March 2023
Session 11 & 12: 21 - 22 March 2023
Block 2 - Virtual Delivery
1 - 5 May 2023
Block 3 - Face-to-Face
Session 13 & 14: 6 - 7 June 2023
Students will be required to successfully complete a Language, Literacy and Numeracy Assessment at Certificate IV level.
Students require Basic computer knowledge and skills in order to download course materials and complete online Post-Course Assessments.
|| Company Member
|| Individual Member
*2 Blocks per Course
Payment made by Individuals: In accordance with the 'Standards for Registered Training Organisations 2015', the maximum amount of fees that may be collected in advance is $1,500. This means that if you enrol into a full fee-for-service qualification, you will need to pay by instalments. The first payment may be no more than $1,500 in accordance with the standards. This does not apply to companies or businesses who wish to pay the course fee upfront. Please contact IAL for further information on 07 3517 4000 or at [email protected].
Cancellation Refund Policy
Cancellations received more than ten days in advance of the commencement of the training course will be subject to a 10% administration fee of the course fee paid, unless the student is able to transfer to a future course, in which case no penalty will be applied
- Cancellations received between 5 and 10 working days before commencement of the course may forfeit 50% of the course fee
- Cancellations within 5 working days of the commencement of the course may forfeit 100% of the course fee, unless the student is able to transfer to a future course, in which case a 10% penalty may apply
- By prior arrangement substitution of a student may be acceptable without incurring additional costs and must be approved by Irrigation Australia Training before commencement of the course
- Non-attendance without notice will result in the full course fee being charged
Eligible students can apply for Government funding to study the nationally accredited qualification. Please email our office on [email protected] to confirm eligibility.
How to Enrol
- Download and read the Terms and Conditions
- Click on the 'Register Now' button
- Complete the online enrolment form that you will receive after you register
- Ensure payment is made seven (7) days prior to course commencement
- Resources will be made available to download after the online enrolment form is completed
Note: If registrations have closed, please contact our office T. (07) 3517 4000 and speak to a member of our training team regarding enrolment under special consideration.