As part of the Waterwise Council Program which is proudly supported by the Department of Water & Environmental Regulation and Water Corporation, the Waterwise Council Training Program is providing eligible Waterwise Councils in Western Australia to apply for the fully subsidised cost of this training for nominated staff (up to 3 Parks & Gardens employees).
Irrigation Australia will be delivering the Irrigation Efficiency Training over the next 12 months in various locations in the Metro area. This course will consist of 3 days of training with final assessments being undertaken on the 4th day.
This course is designed to provide candidates the knowledge and ability to become an Irrigation Efficiency professional. Candidates will be required to put to practice designing, operating and maintaining irrigation efficient system, in their own workplace environment.
- Gathering irrigation water-use data
- Testing landscape sprinkler irrigation systems
- Compiling water records
- Basic irrigation scheduling
- Determining irrigation water requirements
- Basic system trouble shooting
- Developing system maintenance strategies
- Checking pressure and flow rates
- Conducting a water application distribution test
- Collecting data to determine irrigation uniformity and efficiency
- Assessing soil texture and root zone depths
Units of Competency
- AHCIRG338 Troubleshoot irrigation system
- AHCIRG337 Measure irrigation delivery system performance
- AHCIRG346 Operate pressurised irrigation systems
Mode of Delivery
The Course will be delivered Face-to-Face.
Students will receive a Statement of Attainment on completion of the course (no post-course assessments).
Course Program & Duration
The Course is delivered over 4 full days Face-to-Face
23rd May - 26th May 2023
8:30am - 4:00pm (Local Time)
Students will be required to successfully complete a Language, Literacy and Numeracy Assessment at Certificate III level.