Our Certificate III in Irrigation Technology AHC32419 is a nationally accredited qualification, tailored to deliver a multi-platform learning experience, focusing on everything Irrigation. This qualification is considered the starting point or gateway, into the irrigation industry. This course entails everything you need to learn to operate and maintain irrigation systems in a wide range of professional environments.
- Extensive skills and knowledge in Irrigation design and installation
- Product knowledge, including the latest irrigation technology
- Reliable experience when it comes to service and consultation
- The ability to operate and maintain irrigation systems
- Experience working in Agricultural, Commercial and Industrial irrigation
Who is the course for?
Certificate III in Irrigation Technology AHC32419 is designed for candidates with limited experience in the field of irrigation, who are looking to kick-start a career in an essential growth industry with ongoing job opportunities and government support for eligible students
Units of Competency
- AHCWHS301 Contribute to work health and safety processes
- AHCIRG337 Measure irrigation delivery system performance
- AHCIRG338 Troubleshoot irrigation systems
- AHCIRG339 Monitor soils under irrigation
AHCIRG340 Install irrigation pumps
AHCIRG342 Interpret irrigation plans and drawings
- AHCIRG345 Install pressurised irrigation systems
- AHCINF304 Install and terminate extra low voltage wiring systems
- AHCWRK309 Apply environmentally sustainable work practices
- AHCIRG328 Operate irrigation controller and sensor technology
- AHCIRG341 Operate and maintain irrigation pumping systems
- AHCIRG344 Implement an irrigation schedule
- AHCIRG346 Operate pressurised irrigation systems
- AHCIRG347 Maintain pressurised irrigation systems
- AHCIRG348 Operate and maintain moving irrigation system
- AHCIRG349 Recommend irrigation products and services
- AHCWRK305 Coordinate worksite activities
- CPCPCM2043A Carry out WHS requirements
- CPCPWT3027A Connect irrigation systems from drinking water supply
- CPCPIG2021A Design domestic urban irrigation systems
- PMBWELD301 Butt weld polyethylene plastic pipelines
- PMBWELD302 Electrofusion weld polyethylene pipelines
How to study
Mode of Delivery
The Course will be delivered via a blend of:
- Virtual Classroom
- Online Post-Course Assessments
- Workplace Activities
Course Program & Duration
The Course is delivered over 4 blocks within an 18 month period and must be completed within 24 months from enrolment.
- Block 1: 6 x 4 hour Virtual Sessions
- Block 2: 6 x 4 hour Virtual Sessions
- Block 3: 5 days Face-to-Face training
- Block 4: 5 days Face-to-Face training
Virtual Classroom Sessions will be delivered in 2 consecutive sessions per week and run from 9:30am - 1:30pm AEST (Brisbane Time). The times may change depending on the location of students.
Face-to-Face Block training will run from 8:30am - 5:00pm (local time).
Block 1 - Virtual Delivery
Session 1 & 2: 17 - 18 May 2022 | Session 3 & 4: 24 - 25 May 2022 | Session 5 & 6: 7 - 8 June 2022
Block 2 - Virtual Delivery
Session 1 & 2: 20 - 21 September 2022 | Session 3 & 4: 27 - 28 September 2022 | Session 5 & 6: 11 - 12 October 2022
Block 3 - Face-to-Face
27 February - 3 March 2023
Block 4 - Face-to-Face
19 - 23 June 2023
Students will be required to successfully complete a Language, Literacy and Numeracy Assessment at Certificate III level.
|| Company Member
|| Individual Member
*4 Blocks per Course
Payment made by Individuals: In accordance with the 'Standards for Registered Training Organisations 2015', the maximum amount of fees that may be collected in advance is $1,500. This means that if you enrol into a full fee-for-service qualification, you will need to pay by instalments. The first payment may be no more than $1,500 in accordance with the standards. This does not apply to companies or businesses who wish to pay the course fee upfront. Please contact IAL for further information on 07 3517 4000 or at [email protected].
Cancellation Refund Policy
Cancellations received more than ten days in advance of the commencement of the training course will be subject to a 10% administration fee of the course fee paid, unless the student is able to transfer to a future course, in which case no penalty will be applied
- Cancellations received between 5 and 10 working days before commencement of the course may forfeit 50% of the course fee
- Cancellations within 5 working days of the commencement of the course may forfeit 100% of the course fee, unless the student is able to transfer to a future course, in which case a 10% penalty may apply
- By prior arrangement substitution of a student may be acceptable without incurring additional costs and must be approved by Irrigation Australia Training before commencement of the course
- Non-attendance without notice will result in the full course fee being charged
Eligible students can apply for Government funding to study the nationally accredited qualification. Please email our office on [email protected] to confirm eligibility.
How to Enrol
- Download and read the Terms and Conditions
- Click on the 'Register Now' button
- Complete the online enrolment form that you will receive after you register
- Ensure payment is made seven (7) days prior to course commencement
- Resources will be made available to download after the online enrolment form is completed
Note: If registrations have closed, please contact our office T. (07) 3517 4000 and speak to a member of our training team regarding enrolment under special consideration.